Car or Auto Accident Injury in Baltimore, MD
ACCIDENT LAWYER IN BALTIMORE
Though driving is an inherently dangerous activity, millions of Americans drive every day. If you’re lucky, you’ll never have to endure a major crash. In case you do, however, it’s nice to have a skilled Baltimore car accident attorney by your side. If you got an auto accident injury that was caused by another individual’s negligence, consider setting up a meeting with Jack J. Schmerling, Attorney at Law. You may be entitled to compensation from the other driver’s insurance company. Jack Schmerling has more than 35 years of experience representing auto accident victims in the Baltimore area.
Car Accident Injury Facts and Statistics
Thanks to the constant development of vehicle safety features, motor vehicle injuries, and deaths are on a downward trend. However, there are still far too many accidents.
- There were over 5.4 million police-reported crashes in 2012.
- In 2012, more than 2.36 million people were injured in motor vehicle accidents.
- 30,800 people died in motor vehicle crashes in 2012.
- Drunk driving, distracted driving, fatigue, and speeding are the most common causes of motor vehicle accidents.
- Someone is injured in an auto accident once every 14 seconds.
- In 2012, the average liability claim for an auto accident injury was more than $14,600.
REASONS TO HIRE A CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN BALTIMORE
When you factor in medical bills, repair costs, and missed work, an auto accident can end up being very costly. Here are a few reasons to consider hiring a Baltimore accident lawyer as you recover from your injuries.
- Determine If You Have a Valid Case: During your free initial consultation, you’ll have a chance to discuss the circumstances of your auto accident injury in Baltimore. After listening to your story, an accident lawyer can help determine whether it’s a good idea to file a personal injury claim.
- Negotiate a Higher Settlement: You can bet that the other driver’s insurance company will have a powerful legal team—you should have one too. You’re more likely to receive a fair settlement with an experienced Baltimore car accident attorney in your corner.
- Argue Your Case in Court: Though most personal injury cases are settled out of court, some go to litigation. If you can’t reach a settlement, your attorney will go to court and argue passionately on your behalf.
If you have any questions about what to do in the days following an auto accident, call Jack J. Schmerling, Attorney at Law at (410) 787-0022