Auto Accident Lawyer in Glen Burnie, MD
Fighting for What You Deserve After an Auto Accident
If you’ve been involved in an auto accident and need an auto accident attorney in Glen Burnie, MD, you’ve come to the right place. You’re in good hands with Jack J. Schmerling, Attorney at Law. If you’ve been traumatically affected by an automobile accident and are ready to settle your case, you need an experienced attorney on your side. I want to help you obtain the monetary compensation you need to recover from your accident. Don’t be so quick to sign the settlement from the insurance company because you may be entitled to more than is being offered to you. You’ve suffered a lot, and it’s time to get the right representation and support. The auto accident process includes submitting a demand letter to the insurance company requesting compensation, negotiating a settlement, obtaining the money you deserve, and regaining your life. I’m here to handle all that while you focus on fully recovering. I understand your situation and can help you understand your rights. We can fight this together, so why wait any longer to get the legal help you deserve?
When Should You Contact a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
We understand that you likely have many questions. We know the answers, and we want to help! Have you wondered what you can do if the accident is not your fault, how you can get income while you’re recovering, when you should hire an attorney after an accident, what your rights are after a car accident, how you know if you have proper auto insurance, or how the auto accident can affect you and your family? If so, we’re here for you. You should contact a lawyer after your car accident, but only after you’re safe and have taken the following steps:
- Assess the situation – If you’re able to, safely exit your vehicle and evaluate the scene. Remove your vehicle from the roadway if it’s possible to do so safely, but not if there are any injured people in the car. Call 911 and treat anyone with a medical injury as best you can. Do not move anyone who is injured if there is no imminent danger.
- Gather information – Try to gather witnesses to help explain what they saw to the authorities. You’ll need the names, contact information, and insurance information of other drivers and passengers involved in the accident in addition to any witnesses. Be sure you get the name and contact information for any police officers as well as their report number. There’s a lot of information to take down, so you may want to text or email it to yourself on your phone. Get the make, model, year, and license number of any cars involved and take photos if you can. Be sure you know where your vehicle is being towed. It’s advised that you draw a picture or diagram of how you think the accident happened to help jog your memory later on.
- Cooperate with authorities – Cooperate with police and emergency personnel. Provide them with information you are 100% sure of. Never admit fault to anyone because you don’t have all the facts, and you might be confused or dazed from your accident.
- Get a medical evaluation – Even if you don’t receive emergency medical treatment, it’s essential to visit a doctor or urgent care center to get thoroughly evaluated. You might not feel like you have any injuries, but not all conditions appear immediately. This is a critical step to strengthen your case.
- Talk to your lawyer – Speak to your lawyer before contacting your insurance company. If you do speak with the insurance provider, it’s recommended that you refuse to have your conversation recorded. You have nothing to lose with a free consultation with Jack J. Schmerling, Attorney at Law. I don’t get paid if I don’t obtain compensation for you.
Helping You Get Through a Tough Time
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, life can be rough at first. You may be in pain, you might not be able to work, and you may find yourself without a vehicle. That’s where our law office comes in. We’re here to help you get through your tough time and obtain the compensation you’re entitled to. Dealing with auto insurance companies yourself is difficult and ill-advised. They often draw things out and make them as complicated as possible, but I can help. Whether the other driver had insurance or not, I have more than 35 years of experience and have dealt with even the stingiest insurance companies. Your case isn’t just another car accident to Jack J. Schmerling, Attorney at Law. I’m here to fight for your rights if you’ve been involved in any of the following:
- Car accident
- Truck accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Drunk driving accident/DUI
- Bus accident
- Distracted driving accident
- Interstate accident/interstate trucking accident
Contact Us to Schedule a Free Consultation
Don’t attempt to go it alone if you’ve been involved in an auto accident in Glen Bernie, MD. I’m happy to provide you with a free consultation, and there’s no fee required unless I obtain compensation for you. Contact me today to schedule your free initial consultation.