Get the Airline Injury Compensation You Deserve
Jack J. Schmerling, Attorney at Law in Glen Burnie, MD is a workers compensation lawyer dedicated to representing airline injury compensation clients to get what is rightfully theirs. As an employee of an airline at a municipal or private airport, employees in all departments should be protected from the potential hazards and harm they face while at work, earning a living. However, working in such a high-traffic and bustling environment can expose these dedicated employees to accidents and injuries. When this happens, there are laws to protect these individuals to help recoup losses and pay for medical care. Contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case today.
An Airline Injury Attorney for All Employees
When we think of airlines, the most common type of employee that comes to mind are usually those we interact with most, such as pilots and the cabin crew. However, airports are massive facilities that require the hard work of many individuals performing critical tasks every day. Our law firm works with all of these employees at the many airports in the Baltimore and DC area on airline injury claims of all kinds. If you’ve been injured at work in any way, no matter what department you’re employed in, we would like to discuss your case with you. We represent:
- Ramp Agents
- Grounds Crew
- Customer Service Representatives
- Baggage Handlers
- Maintenance Workers
- Food Service Employees
- Gate Employees
- Cabin Crew
Common Injuries for Airline Employees
Work injuries are not constrained to one particular type of accident or situation. If you’ve never been injured at work before, it’s understandable you might have questions about workers’ compensation eligibility and the process. Our free consultations allow employees to speak with an experienced attorney, have their questions answered, and provide us with an opportunity to understand the circumstances of the injury and determine if you have a case. Airline employees are exposed to many types of injuries, such as:
- Musculoskeletal Disorders – These are caused by repetitive strain on muscles, nerves, and tendons. Every aniline employee is at risk of this type of injury due to lifting heavy bags, cleaning airplane cabins, and other repetitive job requirements that cause frequent pushing, pulling, and twisting.
- Hearing Loss – All employees, especially ground crew, should wear protective hearing equipment in areas exposed to loud noises. However, situations where employees are exposed to excessive noise from aircraft and other baggage handling and fueling equipment, can lead to lifelong hearing loss.
- Accidents – Airports are fast-paced, busy environments with many things in motion. Accidents can happen with moving objects and equipment caused by the negligence of other people.
- Slips and Falls – Unsafe working conditions, spills not cleaned up properly, and other hazardous situations can cause slip and falls, resulting in serious injury.
- Hypertension and Stress-Related Disease – Front gate employees are at risk of stress and anxiety injuries from frequent dealings with angry and aggressive passengers upset about delayed and late flights, baggage mishandling, and more.
We’ll Help You Avoid Common Coverage Issues
Airline liability for a personal injury at work isn’t as straightforward as it seems. While you might think you’re eligible for compensation after an injury, you’d be surprised at reasons claims are denied, or employees don’t receive as much compensation as they should. We help victims avoid common coverage issues, such as:
- Employees injured performing duties in an area they were not hired for
- Employees who don’t have insurance and can only rely on their employer’s workers’ comp insurance
- Employers who make false statements on insurance forms or are not transparent about the size of staff or payroll
- Employers who have not purchased any workers’ compensation insurance
Work Directly With an Airline Injury Attorney
When you work with us on your airline injury compensation case in Glen Burnie, MD, you’ll work directly with attorney Jack J. Schmerling throughout the entire process. He brings over 35 years of experience to every case, and you’ll understand why his award-winning representation has contributed to the success of so many client cases. Attorney Schmerling is the lawyer more than 40 firms throughout the state of Maryland choose as a referral for their clients due to his knowledge in these types of cases. We offer free consultations and don’t charge our clients a fee unless they recover losses. Our commitment is to help you achieve the biggest settlement possible to help you recover from your physical and financial losses during this difficult time. Contact us to discuss your case today.
Our Values Statements
- Over 35 Years of Experience
- Work Directly With Attorney Jack Schmerling
- Free Consulations
- No Recovery, No Fee